Monday, July 11, 2005

It's not the crime, it's the cover-up.

Oh heavens.
Q Well, you're in a bad spot here, Scott, because after the investigation began, after the criminal investigation was underway, you said -- October 10th, 2003, "I spoke with those individuals, Rove, Abrams and Libby, as I pointed out, those individuals assured me they were not involved in this." From that podium. That's after the criminal investigation began. Now that Rove has essentially been caught red-handed peddling this information, all of a sudden you have respect for the sanctity of the criminal investigation?
MR. McCLELLAN: No, that's not a correct characterization Terry, and I think you are well aware of that. We know each other very well, and it was after that period that the investigators had requested that we not get into commenting on an ongoing criminal investigation. And we want to be helpful so that they can get to the bottom of this, because no one wants to get to the bottom of it more than the President of the United States. I am well aware of what was said previously. I remember well what was said previously. And at some point, I look forward to talking about it. But until the investigation is complete, I'm just not going to do that.
Q Do you recall when you were asked --
Q Wait, wait -- so you're now saying that after you cleared Rove and the others from that podium, then the prosecutors asked you not to speak anymore, and since then, you haven't?
MR. McCLELLAN: Again, you're continuing to ask questions relating to an ongoing criminal investigation, and I'm just not going to respond any further.
Q When did they ask you to stop commenting on it, Scott? Can you peg down a date?
MR. McCLELLAN: Back at that time period.
Q Well, then the President commented on it nine months later. So was he not following the White House plan?
MR. McCLELLAN: John, I appreciate your questions. You can keep asking them, but you have my response

It degenerates from there, if that’s possible. Crooks and Liarshas the video highlights. For some reason it’s taking longer than usual to get the video posted to the official White House site. It’s worth viewing, just to watch Scotty squirm.

I’d like to believe even Karl Rove can’t weasel out of this one, but never rule out a Jimmy Swaggart televised meltdown.


I have sinned against you, my Lord, and I would ask that your precious blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgetfulness, never to be remembered against me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Karl Rove is a rotten traitor who is willing to disclose a CIA agent in order to punish a whistle blower. Sure he lied at every step along the way. The Pres was possibly in on this (although keeping him out of the loop is plausable). But for this crime at the height of government to go anywhere it requires a Republican Congress and a Democratic President. With Congress, the courts and the right wing media in the president's pocket, don't count on much happening. Democrats just aren't that good at attacking.

7:39 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Do you think Scottie ever goes home and just cries himself to sleep?

Regarding Rove, let's keep the Republican mantra in mind: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. When he said that liberals are bunch of weak pussies, I vowed that we should make an example of that piece of human crap. Let's not let this one slink back into the shadows.

9:45 PM  
Blogger dee said...

I must admit I was pleased (and surprised) that this actually got some play on the three major network news programs tonight. The WH Press Corps actually sounded like they'd had a spine implant during the briefing.

Harry Reid had a great statement earlier. I can't wait to hear Dean work this. Maybe (oh please God I'll give up swearing and chocolate and alcohol) this is the "two-bit burglary" of its time.

And hello to both of you! Thanks for visiting and d.b., thanks for the link.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home