Friday, March 24, 2006

Now THAT'S some Ivy League Speechifyin'

President Bush answers a question in West Virginia:

"First, I hope that your generation will lead -- no doubt, your generation will lead. Generations, when called, somehow find the courage to lead. That's step one. Two, I think you'll be dealing in a world in which you will be confronted with making values choices; for example, family -- understanding that the family is an important aspect of society. Secondly, the choice of life. You know, for example, you'll be confronted with a very difficult debate between science, on the one hand, and the hopes of science, and life. That debate is just beginning. In other words, 'Do you destroy life to save life?' for example, is one of the very difficult debates that your generation will be confronted with ..."

"Anyway, you'll be confronted with some stuff. Hopefully, our job is to make sure you're confronted with less issues, like being hooked on oil. One of the issues that we're confronting with now that I hope you'll not have to confront with is jobs going elsewhere because we don't have the math and science skills and engineering skills and physics skills that are taught to our children here."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dee, I think it's time to bring back the mystery box that was stuck to Bush's back during the first debate with Kerry. There's been a lot of speculation as to what that box actually was. My theory is that one of the Republican "plumbers" stole Calvin and Hobbes' transmogrifer, which was then modified to take the brain waves from a thinking man and shape his thoughts into intelligent words that miraculously fell from W's lips. Of course, that didn't happen and Bush was soundly thrashed during Round One. The "box" never appeared again, but I, personally think they gave up on that technology too soon. I feel they were onto something that would have benefitted this presidency immensely, but simply didn't follow through on the developement funding. Such a pity.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dee,

I appreciate the link, but I just couldn't plow through the whole thing. OY! If I was his english professor, I think I would want to shoot myself.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home