Sunday, August 14, 2005

Now watch this drive.

What he could have said:

Mrs. Sheehan, thank you for meeting with me. I know you may think this is easy for me to say, but I do grieve with you for the loss of your son. I grieve for the loss of every one of our men and women who have lost their lives in this war. I pray for them and for their families every day.

I know that no explanation will bring back your son, but I want you to know why I still believe this war is necessary, and why our continued presence in Iraq is important. I believe that we were right to go to Iraq because the people of that country were oppressed by a brutal dictator. I believe that by helping the Iraqis establish a democratic government, we will show the other people in that region that it will not be necessary to resort to violence to have their voices heard. When people are truly free, terrorists will no longer have a breeding ground to promote their message of hate and violence. Neither you nor I may see the benefits of our work in Iraq during our lifetimes, but I believe the world will be a safer place in the long run because of the actions I have taken.

You have asked why neither of my daughters has enlisted in the military. I can no more control the actions of my daughters than you could control the actions of your son. Our children do what they do, and we love them no matter what.

You and I will continue to disagree to on whether this war is justified. Let me assure you that I did not make this decision lightly, and I fully accept the consequences of my decision. I will continue to pray for you and your family, and I hope you will pray for me and mine.


What he said:

"But whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."
"But," he added, "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."

"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy," he said when asked about bike riding while a grieving mom wanted to speak with him. "And part of my being is to be outside exercising."


What a hopelessly deluded sociopath.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it though. And it really doesn't even matter what we label it, delusion, sociopathy, will-to-power, greed, because in the end, it manifests itself the same way.

"They" never admit mistakes. And anyone who expects them to, in any way, is just as deluded.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home