Friday, October 26, 2007

Rain

From the National Weather Service:

WIDESPREAD RAIN...HEAVY AT TIMES...AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THROUGHOUT TODAY. RAINFALL RATES BRIEFLY EXCEEDING ONE INCH AN HOUR MAY CAUSE LOCALIZED FLOODING ON SMALL STREAMS....IN URBAN DRAINAGES...AND ON HIGHWAYS. MOTORISTS MAY ALSO ENCOUNTER SUDDEN POOR VISIBILITY CAUSED BY THE HEAVY RAIN AND SPRAY. TRAVEL DELAYS ARE LIKELY AND PEOPLE SHOULD ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH THEIR DESTINATIONS.

It hasn't rained much more than a light sprinkle in over a month, and that was just once, about a week ago. We have not had two consecutive days of rain since sometime in May, but today is our third day of beautiful, drenching rain. Honest to God, I got into my car the other morning and had to think for a minute to remember how to use my windshield wipers. Last night I saw lightning for the first time since the beach in July and its brilliance startled me.

I am going to spend the afternoon sitting on the screen porch, reading my book, drinking my tea, listening to the rain. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home