Friday, August 03, 2007

Who needs Provence?

I housesit a lot. Apparently people feel I'm responsible enough to entrust their homes, cats, dogs or horses to me. It's like taking a little vacation, especially when the house looks out on this:



That's sunset over Pilot Mountain (or Mount Pilot, as it's known to the denizens of Mayberry,which is just up the road.)

In the foreground you can see part of the vineyard. North Carolina has quite the thriving wine industry and while these folks don't produce their own wines yet, they have 35 acres of vineyard and sell their grapes to the local wineries.

It's beautiful country up here, quiet and green. I've seen hawks, deer, beavers and the neighbor's cows. Oh, and there's the pool, too.

C'est belle!

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Wow. I never knew such a place existed. It looks like an island on top of a mountain. I wonder what the ecosystem up there is like?

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home