Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunacy in the AM

I just got in from watching the lunar eclipse. No pictures this time, because I'm housesitting and I didn't have my tripod with me. But I did have a telescope, which I set up in the middle of the street ( it's a cul-de-sac and it's not like I was going to get run over by the milktruck) which allowed me to share the experience with a woman walking her dog at 5:15 AM. I'm glad I have a cat.

The streetlights in the cul-de-sac didn't allow for the greatest viewing, but because the development backs up to a stretch of woods, I did get to have a special eclipse experience. At the moment of totality, I heard it.





He was up rather early, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

I think I've only seen one owl in my life - and that was nearly one year ago at Grouseland!

I'm glad you got to see the eclipse!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home