Thursday, August 09, 2007

Odds and Ends

-- I'm sure you've all been wondering about the state of my back. I'm happy to say things have improved significantly, probably because I've started playing in the pool almost every day. I spend at least half an hour water walking and working with the foam dumb bells and yes, Hedera, doing crunches to work on my "core."

I love it.

I like to think of it as "playing" rather than exercise. I have so much fun in the water (even though my skin and hair are paying the price). I watch the people on the treadmills and stairmasters and nobody looks like they're enjoying themselves very much. Fools.

--It has not escaped my notice that ever since this the Tigers have been tanking. The bullpen has fallen apart, the big hitters are flailing and the defense is phoning it in.

And in his news conference today:

“There is a lot of work left to be done, don’t get me wrong,” Mr. Bush said. “If one were to look hard, they could find indications that — more than indications, facts that show the government is learning how to function.”


I give this parliament three months, tops.

--And finally, it's damned hot.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're being a bit harsh here with the Iraqi parliament, dee. They're on vacation until September, so that's one month right there. And if we can them to check their swords, shivs, icepicks and suicide vests at the door, I can see them going on until February, 2008 or even longer. As for the Tigers, courage!

4:18 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Was he referring to the Iraqi government, or his own Administration? If it's the latter, I think he's being overly generous.

10:48 PM  
Blogger hedera said...

Actually, reading the quote from Dubya, my immediate mental response was, 'He's been in office for 6 years and now he thinks "the government is learning how to function??"'

But yeah, I'm sure he was really talking about the Iraqis. Not that they're doing any better.

2:16 PM  
Blogger hedera said...

And I'm glad you're enjoying the water work. It is fun. My water aerobics class is always being trailed by anxious swimmers wanting to get in the lanes as soon as we're done. Sometimes we persuade them to come in and do the class and are they ever surprised!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first read I thought you were playing pool almost every day. That might be fun too, but is probably not that good for the back.

Glad you're on the mend.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home