Saturday, December 08, 2007

From the Department of Shameless Promotions:

I know I don't have a whole lot of visits to this corner of the internets (except for all those people who are looking for the entire text of Tony Hendra's satire) but to those of you stick around to read the posts, many thanks.

Now I need you to do one more thing.

I need you to click over to Jackson Street Books and order a book or two from Dan and Tammy. They are independent booksellers and as you can imagine, it is not easy being an independent bookseller these days. And they are good people who are trying to make a difference in their neighborhood in Seattle. But times are tough and they are facing some major decisions about whether or not they can continue doing the work they love.

I have ordered all my books from them for the past two years and it couldn't be easier. You can contact them through their blog, give them your titles (and if you're really a Good Person you will give them the ISBN numbers that you have gleaned off amazon.com -- stick it to the man! ) and your credit card number. They will have your books to you in no time and they will have been packed with love.

So if you're like me and don't have a local independent bookseller in town, help out Dan and Tammy. You'll enjoy reading so much more!

3 Comments:

Blogger hedera said...

It's a great idea and I love Dan and Tammy, but - I have two (count them) independent local bookstores within walking distance. What's a gal to do?? Gotta support the locals, we've already lost Cody's on Telegraph Ave.

11:09 PM  
Blogger dee said...

You're so lucky! Our last indy closed down about five years ago. Rainbow News and Cafe had been around forever, first in one funky little house and then another. Unfortunately, a combination of Barnes and Noble and Borders arriving in town along with a broken pipe that pretty much destroyed their inventory put them out of business.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dee, thanks for the heads up on Dan & Tammy. I did a bit of Xmas shopping with them. I've enjoyed "knowing" them and being a small business owner myself, I know about hanging on by the skin of one's teeth. BTW, my mother-in-law and her husband came by for Sunday brunch today and she mentioned a name from UU that you may know - Tim Prout? I'm not sure of the spelling but he has some sort of financial talents that the congregation has put to good use. Anyway, Tim is an acquaintance of hers from some other circle of friends. Her name is Marie Hathcock, if you happen to mention that to Tim. Small world, yes?

cooper (Steve)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home