Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I live in a blue state.

I live in a blue state.
I live in a blue state.


Of course I'm overjoyed that Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States. But you have no idea of what it feels like to realize that North Carolina will award its 15 electoral votes to a Democrat for the first time since 1976. I know, I know --we're still counting here and nothing is official -- but the provisional ballots usually break the same way as the ones already counted, and Obama leads. Not by much, but enough to take the state.

I have no voice today. I stood out in the rain and the wind yesterday passing out literature for 7 hours, and then I headed downtown for the Victory Celebration and screamed a little too much, I guess. Nothing hurts -- I just can't talk, which made choir practice a lot of fun tonight. At least I could still keep time.

My only regret about yesterday was that decent, honorable Roy Carter couldn't unseat evil Virginia Foxx in the NC 5th. I really hope the DNC targets that race in two years -- Foxx is an embarrassment to us all.

But I live in a blue state. North Carolina voted for Democrats for Governor, Senator and President.

North Carolina voted for a Black Man for President.

There's a whole lot of spinning going on here:

2 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Congratulations to everybody who turned North Carolina BLUE!!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Brian and Becca Davis said...

Dee-

I was in NC on Thurs night/Friday and was thinking of you. (Though I was in Raleigh, not W-s.) I was very happy to be in a blue state, even if the folks I was visiting had voted Red (I was just very careful to gloat in private).

Thanks for the well wishes for the baby-to-be. I found that my already passionate support for Obama doubled once I knew that it was a specific child's future (as opposed to the hypothetical children we were hoping to have) that I was fighting for. This is the kind of America I want a child to believe in and grow up in.

Happy crocheting :-)

becca

(oh...and Brian and I pretty much lived at 538 as well....)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home