Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Tooth Fairy Goes Broke

Fern had her teeth cleaning yesterday, and as part of the process she had eight teeth removed. She can still eat dry food and that's what the vet wants her to stay on. She also has liquid antibiotics that she takes once a day. She's not crazy about it, but she lets me do it. Had I tried this with Olive I wouldn't have any skin left on my arms. The antibiotics may help save her other teeth, at least for a while.

It's good thing Fern is the one who needs all the work, since she's the friendlier one. She has claimed a spot on a chair under the kitchen table as her own, so she's pretty easy to find and can be coaxed out with just a little scritch on her head. Ivy is another story. She managed to find her way into the space behind the drawers next to the kitchen sink. When I brought Fern home last evening, she was perched on top of the cornice board over the picture window in the living room.

I hope this is just a phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home