Friday, December 12, 2008

That's some moon.

There's a full moon tonight, which may explain why my day went as it did. I vaguely remembered reading something about this full moon being especially spectacular, so I looked for it as I drove home. I turned the corner to the east, and there it was:



Okay, that's not exactly the moon I saw when I turned the corner. It's the moon I saw once I got home, got my camera and tripod and headed out looking for a spot that was relatively dark. Unfortunately, my attempt at "arty shot" of moon through trees caused the focus to center on the trees, rather than the moon. Ah well. It's still a pretty moon.

Go take a look

2 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

That's an excellent shot. And unless you were using some sort of filter or a fast shutter speed, that's probably the best Moon image that you could hope to get - I think it would always be overexposed under these conditions. The sharp tree branches are very cool.

9:35 PM  
Blogger SeattleDan said...

Nice photo, Dee. Alas, we have cloud cover here, so we have nothing to see. But the upside is that we're supposed to have an inch of snow later.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home